Insurance Company: National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburg
Subsidiary of AIG Property Casualty U.S., Inc.
Policy Holder: Delaware Park
Policy Number: SRG 910 5885N
Mail all bills and claim forms to:
AIG Domestic Claims
PO Box 25987
Shawnee Mission, KS 66225
This is NOT Worker’s Compensation coverage.
This is a commercial insurance policy purchased by a third party (Delaware Park) that pays for “usual and customary” medical costs for licensed Delaware jockeys who are injured during the course of the job on the premises of Delaware Park.
It is advised that you keep a copy of all bills and claim forms for your records.
For Delaware Park Accident Reports, contact:
Cynthia Carroll (302) 994-2521 Ext 7171
Disability Claim Form
Must be completed and signed by both treating doctor and injured jockey.
If you have been injured and need assistance with your injury claim, contact:
Pasadena, CA 91107
ON-TRACK MEDICAL BILLS AND DISABILITY WILL NOT BE PAID WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT REPORT.
The on-track accident coverage at Delaware Park is DOUBLE the coverage provided by all other racetracks in the United States, with the exception of the four states providing workmen’s compensation (CA, MD, NJ, NY). The funding for the excess coverage is provided through a mandatory $4 fee per jockey per mount and the Delaware Jockeys’ Health and Welfare Fund. The current on-track coverage for all Delaware licensed jockeys injured on the premises of Delaware Park while performing their duties as a jockey (exercising or racing):
- $2,000,000 of accident medical expense coverage for a 260 week period (5 years) following the date of injury.
- $500 maximum in Weekly Accident Indemnity Benefit (Temporary Disability) if you are unable to work due to an on-track injury. Please see below for the insurance policy language regarding the weekly accident indemnity benefit:
- If, as a result of an Injury, the Insured is rendered Totally Disabled within 30 days of the accident that caused the Injury, the Company will pay a benefit after 7 day(s) of Total Disability due to that Injury in any one Period of Disability. The amount of the benefit per week is the lesser of: (1) the Weekly Maximum Amount shown for the Weekly Accident Indemnity Benefit in the Benefit Schedule; or (2) 75% of Weekly Earnings. It is payable weekly so long as the Insured remains Totally Disabled due to that Injury in that Period of Disability, up to the Maximum Number of Weeks shown for the Weekly Accident Indemnity Benefit in the Benefit Schedule in all Periods of Disability resulting from all Injuries caused by the same accident. The Company will pay benefits calculated at a rate of 1/7th of the weekly benefit for each day of Total Disability for which the Company is liable when the Insured is Totally Disabled for less than a full week. Only one benefit is provided for any one day of Total Disability, regardless of the number of injuries causing the Total Disability. No benefits are payable under this Rider if the Insured had no earnings at the time of the accident causing the Injury from an occupation, job or work being performed at that time.
- Only income from jockey fees earned while riding races is considered in determining Weekly Earnings. Other income, such as exercising horses, is not considered. Jockeys earning a significant portion of their income outside of riding races should consider disability insurance.
- $200,000 accidental death or dismemberment benefit.
ALL DELAWARE LICENSED JOCKEYS ARE CHARGED A $4 ON-TRACK INSURANCE FEE FOR EACH MOUNT,
as per Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission rule.
If you are injured at Delaware Park while performing the duties of a jockey, make sure you have an accident report filled out by an EMT either at the ambulance or the first aid room on the front-side of the grandstand. An accident report should be completed regardless if you need immediate medical attention or not. The Delaware Park First Aid contact phone number is (302) 994-2521 ext. 7267, or ask the Delaware Park operator for the First Aid unit.