After completing and signing the application(s) for the benefit program you are enrolling in, choose your payment method: Direct Debit or Check.
Please note: A check must be enclosed with your application. Your benefits will not begin until payment is received.
- 2015 Member Monthly Premium Rates
- Direct Debit. An electronic payment will be withdrawn from your checking or savings account on the 14th of each month for the following month’s premium. If the 14th falls on a weekend, payment will be withdrawn on the Monday following that weekend. Complete the AUTOMATIC PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION FORM, if you choose this option.
- Pay by Check. If you choose to pay by check your payment is due monthly by the fourteenth (14th) of each month, whether you receive a bill or not. If your payment is not received within 30 days of the due date, your coverage will be terminated.
- Make Check Payable to: Bolton & Company
- Mail Check and Application to:
Bolton & Company (Attn: J Alvarez)
3475 E. Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
- Insufficient Funds / Stop Payment / Closed Accounts. A fee of $35.00 will be charged to any account when payment is bounced due to insufficient funds, a stop payment order, or a closed account. Your benefits will be cancelled if the outstanding balance is not paid immediately, or an acceptable payment arrangement is made. If a second payment is bounced, you will not be permitted to submit checks or pay via Direct Debit. Other payment arrangements must be made.
- Late Payments / Unpaid Balances. All late payments and unpaid balances will be subject to a 1.5% late fee per month, on the outstanding balance. Any account with an outstanding balance of 90 days or more will be turned over to the Delaware Jockeys’ Health & Welfare Benefit Board, and will result in a racing license suspension. Note: A suspension in any racing jurisdiction is honored nationwide by all racing jurisdictions.
- Cancellation of Benefits. Your benefits will be terminated if payment is not received within 30 days of due date regardless of whether you do not receive an invoice or notice. All insurance benefits must be prepaid and is standard practice. Payment is due by the 14th of each month. Any payment not received by the 14th, may result in a waiting period and/or medical exclusion prior to re-instatement of your benefits.
- Change in Contact Info or Dependents. It is YOUR responsibility to inform Bolton & Company immediately of any change to your contact information – address, phone, email – and any change regarding your dependents.
If you have questions concerning benefits, rates, enrollment forms or payments, please contact:
AUTOMATIC PAYMENT FAQ’s
What is an Automatic Payment?
It is a payment method process by which you can have your monthly payments electronically withdrawn from your bank account. Bolton & Company use the ACH Network, a highly reliable and efficient nationwide processing and delivery system that provides for the distribution and settlement of electronic credits and debits.
What are the benefits of using Automatic Payment?
- Free – Is available for no extra charge from Bolton & Company.
- Convenient – frees you from having to generate and send a check-based payment every month.
- Reliable – You never risk sending a payment late.
- Confidential – You never have to visit a third-party check vendor to make a payment.
- Easy – Enrollment requires filling out a simple application.
If I choose to pay by Automatic Payment, how long will it take to get started?
Your payment will be withdrawn beginning with your next payment, unless you make alternate arrangements with Bolton & Company to start on a later date.
What day of the month is an Automatic Payment withdrawn?
Payment will be withdrawn on the 14th of each month. If the 14th falls on a weekend, payment will be withdrawn from your account the following Monday.
What happens if an Automatic Payment is returned for insufficient funds?
If Bolton & Company attempts to deduct payment from your account and there are insufficient funds, you will be notified by phone and/or mail. You must then make your payment by money order or certified check for the monthly premium that was insufficient.
Bolton & Company will resume withdrawing funds electronically from your account the following month. If there are insufficient funds in your account on two occasions (two different months), you become ineligible for automatic withdrawal using the ACH Netowrk. All future payments must then be made via money order or certified check. You may re-apply for automatic withdrawal using the ACH Network after six months.
Will I get charged for insufficient funds?
Insufficient funds for automatic payments are considered the same as bouncing a check at your bank. Bolton & Company assesses a $35 fee for insufficient funds.
What if I want to stop the ACH program or need to change the bank information?
You must notify Bolton & Company by mailing or faxing a notification at least ten business days prior to the scheduled payment date. If the automatic payment is scheduled for the 14th, the notification must be received no later than the 4th. The Bolton & Company fax number is:(626) 405-2012.